Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MERMAIDS ??? (part IV)



I need to admit that pirate’s story makes big impression on me and i become really curious to hear what happened 20 years ago with girl from northern seas, about mysterious butterflies and what is his prove that mermaids exist.

Even i came early pirate was already there. He was reading newspapers and i notice that his face looks very serious.
When i whished him good day he looked at me for a moment completely astonished.
-“ Good day??? Did you just say “good day”???”
-“ Yes… Why? Something wrong ?”
-“He he, listen to him”- pirate added ironically and repeated my words, -“something wrong”?
- Everything is wrong! I don’t see even one small good thing today and i don’t want to think what will be in the future. Do you ever read newspapers?”
-“Sometimes”.- i replied still not understanding his point.
-“Then how you can wish me good day? Just look this news!!! You don’t know witch one is worst: wars everywhere, Oceans are poisoned, nature is dieing, money talk so loud and you wish me “good day?” And after people say pirate is crazy!!! This world is crazy, not me.”
-“ Ohhh, just to catch my mermaid... Believe me, when i catch her, i will find boat and we will run away from this craziness and never come back.”
-“ May i ask you where you will take her?”
His mood change very quickly when he started describing.
-“I will bring her to wonderful place, a paradise. Directly to the sunny side of the life. It s one secret island. Very few pirates know about. It’s very far. Beyond the last borders, where Ocean takes from sky and the Sun smile to the earth. Most of pirates believe that place exist only in the stories, but it s not true. Many years ago i discovered it when i was searching for answers about butterflies. I whish my mermaid was there with me. She would love that place. We could swim together and feed thousands of colorful fishes with small bananas on the reef. There is so many of them that they eat bananas directly from your hand. Can you imagine? But one day she will be there with me. I know she will… and then i will kiss her like i never did before and i don’t care about butterflies because we will be happy.”

-I didn’t want to make any comment about fishes that eat small bananas from hand even it sound little bit like “pirates stories”, but if you looked pirate’s face in that moment you could see that in his thoughts he is really there, on that secret island with his mermaid feeding fishes, feeling happy.
After few seconds of silence he come back from his dreams and continue:
-“But let me first finish the story about butterflies as i promised to you last night.”

Honestly, i couldn’t wait to hear the rest of the story but i didn’t dare to ask pirate anything because of his previous mood. He was so upset with news. I didn’t see him so upset since time he heard that some people kill dolphins.

“Sure, i am very curious to know more about those butterflies”
“How about some tea before we start?” he asked me trying to make naïve face.
Good old pirate. Of course how i could refuse him…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your story very much :)))

Sandy Montgomery said...

I am a mermaid looking for a pirate. I like the sound of this one.